Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hello!

Long time no post. I am exhausted. It's been a busy couple of weeks and I haven't been able to get on the computer very much. Abby is sick once again. With strep - which for most kids involves a sore throat and antibiotics. With her it includes a fever in the 104 range, topping 105 at one point and vomiting around the clock. We got her some antibiotics yesterday but she can't hold them down. Poor thing - I hope she feels better soon.

Last week the kids had VBS and had a blast. I have a feeling this is where the germs came from. This is from their performance... Saddle Ridge Ranch.


I didn't take many pictures during the week - but they did tons of crafts and learned some really catchy new songs that have been embedded in my brain (and theirs) ever since.

My sister Katie came in on Friday from Atlanta for a short visit. We had a great time, including a shopping day on Saturday... without kids. I was in desperate need of some new clothes since I haven't lost all the baby weight yet. So we shopped, we ate, we swam, we caught up and had a great time. Here she is with her new nephew.

Here's a close up of my cutie - isn't he adorable? Such a sweet boy.

On Sunday mom came over and we hung out. Then Katie, me and the kids headed to a local church for fireworks, fun, and food. The Robbie Seay band performed and was completely awesome. Now that I think about it, maybe this is where the germs came from. James and Cole had some bonding time at the house.... didn't think it was a good idea for his little ears to be exposed to the noise. The concert was very loud, not to mention the fireworks...







Emily hated the fireworks this year. Last year it was Abby who covered her ears the whole time, this time Emily was begging to go home right at the beginning.

On Monday we had some friends over and spent the whole day in the pool and BBQ'd some yummy food. Then the rest of this week has been full of sickness and sleepless nights.

I discovered that I haven't had a picture with me and Cole - like ever. Yikes. That's pretty bad. I'm always behind the camera so Austin took this picture of us.... not the best - think I could use some makeup. I think I have maybe worn makeup twice in the last year. Must invest in some one of these days.

Emily and Austin have been good sports this week... here's Austin picnicing with the princesses. Poor kid, it will be nice when everyone is healthy and all the rain around here stops. He is looking forward to going to a friend's house tomorrow. I don't blame him.