Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to school... again.

So another school year has begun.

Austin is now in 3rd grade and the girls are in 1st grade.

These are not the best pictures. We were in a hurry to get out the door that morning.



We walked into the school together. I've always walked them to their class the first day of school. Austin immediately took off to his classroom by himself. No goodbye or anything! Sheesh. And so being officially independent begins...

Emily was pretty unsure about staying in her class. Luckily she has a few good friends from last year, or I think she wouldn't have been crying and begging to come home with me. She refused to take a picture.

And what would I do without my sassy little Abby? She was so excited for 1st grade to start. She was up at 5:30 with me ready to go. On the way to school she told Austin and Emily that she has 1,000 friends at school and was giving them advice on how to make new friends. They weren't all into that conversation.

Here's to another great school year!