Friday, June 18, 2010

One month old

Here is Cole at one month - such a happy baby!

He is doing wonderfully if I do say so myself. He is pretty much anti-nap during the day like his brother and sisters, although sometimes he will take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I remember the other kids as newborns sleeping a lot more than he does! I think he is finally starting to get some meat on his bones too. He loves (and prefers) to be held. He typically wakes up during the night once - somewhere between 1:30 and 4:00 depending on his last feeding, then he has a hard time going back to bed so he sleeps on top of me on the upstairs couch and sometimes I can go back to sleep. Yeah, probably not a good routine to get into but it works for now.

Cole got his first cold this week. The kids did gymnastics last week and I'm pretty sure that's where Abby got her cold from. No matter how hard I tried to keep them apart, he ended up getting it. It really stinks because I don't take them very many places to avoid all the germs and he still ended up getting sick! The poor little guy was miserable, but I think he's finally starting to feel better. He really doesn't like getting his nose suctioned out! Although James finds it rewarding in a bizarre sort of way. Ah, the little things in life...

Here they are both feeling better.


So we haven't been up to anything too terribly exciting. Just tons of swimming. Even in the rain. The kids thought it was so fun to let the rain hit them. You would have thought it was raining chocolate.

We had several bell peppers come in. This one went into chicken enchiladas.

Abby decided to glue stick a bunch of tooth drawings downstairs one day while we were upstairs. And when I say a bunch - I mean like 12. And when I say glue stick - I mean REAL GLUE on the walls. Good thing she's cute. :)

I will say Abby gets more into things than any other kiddo in our house - she tied this toy to her leg and we couldn't get it off. She dragged it along with her for quite awhile. Not a happy camper, ha!

James, Austin, and I participated in the national spelling bee. We each had our own sheet so we couldn't cheat off each other's work. We didn't get one word right, but were pretty close on a few. Yes, I am aware we are dorks.

See how exciting we are these days?

I signed us up for Netflix before Cole was born and it has been awesome. Pretty much James and I watch Dexter (so good!) on the Netflix DVDs every night before Cole's last feeding, and then I watch something during the middle of the nights. You can even watch some of the shows and movies on the Wii - very cool. It saves me from watching the horrid infomercials - there are some really strange things out there being sold.

I am totally stoked to be going back to my first spinning class tomorrow! The last time I went to the gym was on May 1st so it's about time! The kids and I have been looking forward to that all week. We are also celebrating father's day! Actually James informed me it is Father's Day weekend, so I guess we'll be celebrating him all weekend long :)