Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus. We did!

Wow, it's been a busy few weeks. Are you ready for some picture overload?? I suppose I'll start with the kids' Christmas parties a few weeks ago.

Austin got to decorate a gingerbread house in his class.

Here he is with his teacher... Austin adores her. I've heard he's accidentally called her mom a couple of times. The girls also accidentally call me their teachers' names sometimes also. I wonder if most kids do this, or just mine?

Cole wasn't lacking for any attention among the second graders - obviously. He was a hit. Almost attention overload for a baby. It's almost as if I brought a puppy to the classroom.

Moving onto Abby's class - they had a book exchange.

"Hmmm... this doesn't look like a princess."

And onto Emily's class. All the kids got reindeer antlers and Rudolph noses. Super cute.

Sugar, sugar everywhere... At one point Abby was eating globs of icing by itself. Yeah - it was a rough night.

More icing. Sigh.

Before Emily's book exchange. It's the "first" present of the season. How exciting!

Here they are making our annual Christmas cookies. Technically, this is after we put the cookies in the oven - so they were free to lick the bowl. Just so you know - there were several hand-washing sessions throughout the entire process.

This is from last year and I know I've put it on here a few times, but I never get tired of looking at it. It cracks me up! Think I will pose them like this next year...

Here are the "favorites" that we saved for Santa.

What you can't hear in the background is Cole screaming. Poor baby was horribly sick all week. He's been sick for weeks and finally about yesterday he started feeling better.

The kids at the Christmas Eve service. Katie and I took the older kids - unfortunately James had to stay home with a sick Cole.

We played a few games of Christmas Eve pictionary. Is it a clown? Maybe baby Jesus because of the cross (and the tie-in to the obvious holiday we're celebrating)?

Nope it's an owl. Oops not really, because she thought she was supposed to draw an elf. So I guess it's one of Santa's elves.

Leaving some food out for the reindeer.

Holy cow look at those presents! The girls love their new dollhouse.

Silly Bandz! How does Santa know this stuff?


A dictionary to help feed his Scrabble addiction.

"It's a pillow. It's a pet. It's a pillow pet." Oh my gosh if I have to hear that jingle anymore I think they might just disappear. Those clever marketers...

Here's little Cole for maybe 30 minutes of the day that he was NOT crying.

He was more interested in "tasting" the packages. Mmm this is a good one.


Princess Jasmine...

My mom, dad, and sister were all over for Christmas and we had a great day. Katie was with us for about a week - it's always funny having her over.

We headed to It'z a few days ago. It's a pizza place with lots and lots of games. Kind of like Vegas for kids.

I think Emily might be regretting her decision to get into the mini roller coaster.

Queen of the cookies!

Aunt Katie and Austin having fun with bumper cars.

"Are you my mother?"

"Whatchoo talkin' bout Aunt Katie?"

Even more Silly Bandz!

Well I think that's about all for now. Happy New Year!