Sunday, January 24, 2010

A hiking we will go

Since we are having #4, James and I have agreed that we really don't need to buy a whole bunch of new stuff for this little one. I really wish I would have kept some baby items, but oh well... I started looking on Craig's List for various things - and found a bedroom set that I thought was cute. Only thing is that they were inside the Houston city loop - which is a good 30 miles away so we had to find something else to do. After all, I wasn't going to make that drive just to pick up those items.

So this is where we went yesterday...

We had to park about a mile from it, and then we hiked several trails and visited the nature center.

We told Austin that we would likely see a bunch of animals on the hike. Here he is reading about the birds in the area. Emily was a good sport - and listened to his every word. Sort of...

For some reason, Emily was full of energy. Here she is seen running laps.

"Look! A holly tree!" That was a fun game for the first 20 trees or so. Then he realized that they were all over the place.


Here's Abby trying to order a pizza. We forgot to bring snacks with us... (actually it was a bat exhibit). Thankfully we didn't see any of those on the nature trail.

When you get hear cars from the freeway and various other city noises - it takes something away from the whole nature experience. Maybe it's just me.

I think total we hiked a good 4 miles. Plus 2 miles getting to the park (round trip). I did a spinning class that morning and think I might have overdone it a tad - it wouldn't have been as bad if we didn't get turned around at one point. That's when we about lost the kids (not physically - they got extremely tired). Then I turned into Jillian Michaels and Austin got a kick out of that. It was our "last chance workout."

After our hike we went and picked up the room stuff. I think it's pretty cute and in pretty good condition considering how reasonably priced it was. Today while James worked in the yard for the first time this year, I worked in the room... I will post pictures later. My break is officially over - must get back to my chores. Hope everyone has a great week!