Sunday, August 22, 2010

End of Summer

I'm sitting here looking at my fantasy football team once again. Yesterday was the draft and I must say I think I have a good chance of winning this year. Also wondering if I made the right choice drafting a QB in the 1st round which usually is a big no-no for me. But it was Drew Brees - helloooo - so I'm sticking by my choice right now. Geaux Saints!

Anyway, I know none of you probably are that interested in my draft - so thought I would put some pictures up instead. :)

Sticking to the subject of football... Austin started up once again. He is on the Cardinals team, and let me tell you - this is a really serious team. They have playbooks and all - for 2nd graders! And it is 4x a week. If I would have known that I probably wouldn't have given Austin the choice - it would have been soccer instead. He has practice Tues/Thurs with games on Friday and Sunday. Crazy! Not to mention the games and practices have been in intense heat. One kid even suffered heat exhaustion the other day.

I missed his first game today and am totally bummed. We had to be there by 4:30, it was already 100 degrees and there is no way Cole (or the girls for that matter) could have been out there that long. On James and Austin's way home they called and informed me that on the very first play of the very first game Austin scored an 80 yard touchdown run!! That kid may not have height on his side, but he is super fast. Here he is before the game... future Larry Fitzgerald.

James took a few days off last week. We went and made some art creations one of those days.

Family fun on three! A little pep talk before our adventure.

Take a look at this creation. I named it "schizophrenic bunny." The rabbit, not the girl.

That is our little Abby. I overheard her asking Emily yesterday why grandparents are so nice. She replied back, "Because God made them so, and Jesus, and Mary Poppins."

Hmmm.

Anyway, back to the artwork.

Austin made something pretty practical - a sports cup to put on his desk to put various items in.

Emily stuck to what she knows best - princesses.

Here they are on our bed one day last week.... all four of them!

Happy baby. Next week his entertainment is leaving him. Poor guy.

School starts tomorrow!! I have such mixed emotions about this. The kids have been getting on each other's nerves terribly, so on one hand I am happy for the break - on the other hand I am going to miss them! More on their first day tomorrow.... Time flies.