Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Week

I realize that I haven't posted in awhile. It has been a rough week in our household, full of germs and medications. I didn't take too many pictures because frankly, I wasn't feeling too hot this week. This is the way sicknesses go in our house: Austin or Abby will bring it home and spread it to the other family members. James will, for the most part, avoid the sickness all together. Emily will be on her deathbed for 1 day, and then the next morning she will wake up and miraculously have no symptoms at all (she inherited her dad's freaky healthy genes). Austin will start wheezing and will be on a nebulizer for days. Abby will get an ear infection (even after tubes). And me, well I'll have it for weeks.

Performing on Palm Sunday at church.

I hosted Bunko during the week and made this bunny cake - with the help of my favorite neighbor. Impressed?

The girls had their Easter party at school on Thursday.



Coloring eggs for the bunny to hide, eagerly awaiting for his arrival.


Hunting for their eggs on Easter morning. They came downstairs the first time at 5:45.

My kiddos have an obsession with candy. Maybe it's because they don't have it very much, so when Halloween or Easter comes around they go completely crazy. I don't know. I do know that at some point tonight, the majority of it will be thrown away and life will move on with no more sugar highs until the next holiday.

Here are the girls in their Easter dresses.

As Christians, we really celebrate Easter. Sure we eat the candy, do arts and crafts, and go to parties. But knowing the reason -- and the gift of Easter, really allows us to give thanks for Christ and it's a time to center ourselves in our faith. Happy Easter everyone!