Friday, December 4, 2009

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Oh my. It's SNOWING!

Did you hear that?

It's s-n-o-w-i-n-g.

Oh my heavens.

I realize this isn't a big deal to most of the country. But it's a rarity where we live. It did snow one day last year for a few hours after Austin got home from school. It didn't stick or anything. But today it snowed for a good 4 hours or so.

Abby was extremely interested in playing outside, but when the word hot chocolate came out of my mouth Emily became interested in our snow day also.


Even Saffron joined in on the fun.

James came home early and had a snowball fight with Abby. Kind of. They were able to get some snow off the chairs in the backyard and make some mini snowballs.


Nothing stuck. By the time Austin got home from school it was completely finished. I was really hoping to make some "schney-mons" - Austin claims this is the German word for snowman he learned in school this week (I really have no idea if that's correct). Oh well - maybe next year.