Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's my lucky day

Look at what time it is.

And look who is still asleep.


Of course this one wakes up at the crack of dawn every morning.

Still, 1 out of 3 - not bad at all.

I'm not the only one who had a lucky day. Everyone was in a great mood and we headed to the grocery store. The kids got their buddy bucks from the check-out lady and we headed to the HEB sticker machine. Austin got a 50 point sticker, which I didn't even know existed, and he declared it his lucky day. Then he said it was the best day of his whole life - ever.

Really, Austin? I thought maybe it was the day your dad won that Wii, or perhaps when you scored a winning soccer goal, maybe the day your sisters were born, or just possibly our 2 week trip we just took which cost a pretty penny. I will have to keep HEB in mind next time I want to satisfy the next best day of your life.

We came home and put the stickers in the pamphlet and had a total of 315 points. Enough for a free light up fan. We filled out the form and took it to the mailbox. We should be receiving our new piece of junk in 4-6 weeks. And I'm sure all 3 will be fighting over it when it comes in the mail. I highly doubt that day will be lucky as this one. As for today - I am heading to the store to buy a lottery ticket.