Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baby!

Our little boy arrived yesterday at 1:13 weighing 6 lbs 4 oz. He is beautiful and we are over the moon for him.

His lungs are under developed and he is on a CPAP right now in the level 2 NICU. The doctor says he is acting like a 35 week baby instead of a 37 week baby. I saw him for the first time last night and it was really difficult - I've been an emotional wreck for the last day and the whole thing has been extremely hard. We haven't been able to hold him and just found out he won't be coming home with us on Saturday. The kids haven't been able to see him either, but James did take some pictures to show them. They can't wait to meet their baby brother.

The staff at the hospital has been so supportive and I can't say enough nice things about the doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, etc. I'm recovering well after the c-section and started walking around (very slowly) this morning. I'm trying to pump every few hours, but haven't had a whole lot of progress on that front.

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update. Please keep our baby boy in your prayers. I know God has big plans for this little guy.