Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cole Evan

We finally decided on a name for our little guy. It took awhile, and honestly I don't think he looks like much of a Cole but I know he will grow into it. I waited as long as possible (yesterday) to tell the birth registrar just in case we changed our minds.

And he looks exactly like Austin. James' genes are obviously highly dominant because there is now a 4th child that looks exactly like him. Nobody would know that I carried any of these kids! :)

Cole is doing great in the NICU! I could leave the hospital today, but we decided to extend my stay so I can spend some more time with him. I miss James and the other kiddos terribly but I feel awful leaving him here. The doctor seems to think that maybe on Monday he will be coming home. They took the CPAP off yesterday and we were able to hold him for the first time. His IV came out yesterday and the nurses had to put a new one - his poor little arm is so red. I think he will also get to have some bottles today and I might possibly get to try and nurse him. He hasn't opened his eyes for me and I don't think the kids will be able to see him until he comes home. Overall he is doing wonderfully - he's definitely the biggest baby in the NICU!