Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A visit with Aunt Katie

My sister Katie, who lives in Atlanta, came to visit last week. We don't get to see her nearly enough, and I am REALLY hoping she decides to move back to our area in the next few months. Fingers are crossed!

We had a great time hanging out with her. Unfortunately she wasn't feeling too hot when she arrived, so we did a lot of hanging out at the house. Abby and I are trying to get over this bug now also.... it seems like we are the two who always get it the worse.

I picked her up on Thursday and headed to my mom's office so the kids could check it out. We then headed to the motherland.

Another great reason to love Chick-fil-A - you can trade in the kid's meal toy to get ice cream. I'm thinking they might want to hire me for their spokesperson or something?

Here's Katie at the exact moment she gives her horrible virus to Abby. Poor thing had no idea what was coming... :)

Friday the kids had their last day of VBS so we went shopping! Honestly I'm not much of a shopper... I prefer to do most shopping online these days when I can find good deals. I'm not one to mess with crowds. Plus, most of the time I go from rack to rack and find absolutely nothing. Clothes always look better on those darn mannequins and their perfect plastic bodies. Not to mention, I will never take the kids shopping with me again, but that's a different story. So James can never say anything about me spending too much on shopping. Well we did have a great time and I actually found a few tops. Score!

Saturday mom came over and we hung out in the pool all day. Look at Emily swimming now, no floaties or anything! It's just me and Abby hanging out on the steps these days.



On Monday we headed to Brenham, TX - home to the Blue Bell factory. We took a 45 minute tour - it was neat seeing how the whole ice cream process works. I think Austin was into the whole learning aspect, the girls just anxiously awaited the sample at the end.

Here's Austin with a brain freeze:



We love you Katie! Even if your favorite meal to make is hot dog casserole. Don't worry everyone - I won't be posting the recipe to that one anytime soon. Hey Katie, remember that the fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I'm just sayin... haha! Come back and visit us soon!