Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day and Chicken

You remember when I posted a week or so ago about avoiding all the crazies during tax free weekend. Well I am actually one of them sometimes. And I really need to get a more interesting life, because I had way too much fun today.

If you read this blog, you know I am obsessed with Chick-Fil-A. It's really quite sad. So on Labor Day they had free sandwiches if you wore your favorite team's logo. I headed to my Strike class at the gym that morning, and then we headed out on our (my) mission: to gather as many sandwiches as possible. I know, I know, that's not really the "spirit" of their promotion - but I just couldn't help myself...

Here's where we went first... only a few blocks away from the gym. I took Austin inside while James waited in the cars with the girls (they did not have on any team shirt). Then James went in when we got back.

Same thing at our next stop - on the way home.

We got home and enjoyed our yummy food then I figured we could get even more if I dressed the girls up. I put on their Longhorn outfits and out we went to hit up more stores.

We went here next...

then here...

and then made it to our 5th and final destination. At this point James asked if we could just go through the drive through. I said yeah right, and let them see all the Chick-fil-A bags in our car. I don't think so...

They are all so different, yet beautiful in so many different ways. Don't you think? :)

Some were busier than others. I think the most I waited in one place was about 15 minutes. Not so bad for a bunch of free chicken.

I didn't take a picture of the fridge, but I will say we will be eating Chick-Fil-A all week. I kind of hope this makes me sick of them, but I doubt it will. I will still crave the salads. Oh and also, we really didn't travel that far... we are kind of in the middle of those 5. I just made one big circle!

Yeah, so I might have taken advantage of the situation, but I can justify it... I have spent some major dough at this place in the last several years... and I'm going to enjoy a week's worth of free chicken. And I am not going to the grocery store this week.

By the way, almost the whole time James was saying: "Too bad it's not Chipotle." Hmmph.