Sunday, September 27, 2009

Norway

I totally meant to post these last week, but last week was a little crazy. I took over some items from the PTO that were supposed to take around 2 hours a week. Yeah... let's just say it was a lot more than 2 hours, so I didn't have any free blogging time at all. Oh and not to mention, almost all my shows finally came back last week... I have priorities people. :)

So this is apparently what Norway looks like. It kind of looks like the foothills of the Rockies to me. James said the people are very nice and very tall. And blonde. Which is good, because I wondered if there were any natural blondes left in the world. I guess they live in Norway.

This is what he had for dinner one night... Rudolph. Yep, he ate a reindeer. Gross.


This is where the meetings took place, how quaint is that? The building was several hundred years old (and for some reason it had a fully stocked bar).

This is what the toilet looked like in the hotel. It took him a little bit to figure out which button flushed the toilet - ha! He also had some trouble getting the lights on in his hotel rooms. One morning he did wake up to see that he successfully (accidentally) turned on the floor heater in the bathroom.

He said you can pretty much figure out the Norwegian language... for modern words they just cram English words together. For the most part you can still sound the words out. For example...

and...

Fascinating, right? :)

Oh, and how cool are the Norwegians? They give you a complimentary bottle of wine! Of course I'm sure he paid (well not him, his client) for it 10 times over. Oslo is the most expensive city in the world: $13 for a gallon of gas, $30 for a hamburger, $14 for a pint of beer, a Toyota Rav4 for $125k, etc. I know I will never, ever be visiting this city...

That's all for now! The Amazing Race begins right now... yippee!