Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This week so far

Here are a few pictures from Austin's football game last week.

This was the first time the 49ers got the ball - an 80 yard touchdown run for Austin.

This is the second time the 49ers got the ball - an 80 yard reception for a touchdown.

Then he didn't get the ball after that. Oh well. After all, the other kiddos need a turn also...

I am already envisioning high school football (sometimes college), sitting in the stands, waving Austin banners, and cheering him on. Maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself...

The fields we play at are nice - lots of running room for the girls.

Last week the girls made these body portraits at school. When we got home Emily told me she drew a mustache on hers - and was very upset about it. I know it's kind of hard to see, but I told her I thought it looked like her mouth. Apparently I was wrong and it really is a red mustache.

James is off in another foreign country playing, OOPS - I mean working again. This time Norway. Oslo is ranked the most expensive city in the world so I know we won't be getting many trinkets this time. All I requested were more pictures - I have no inkling at all about what Norway looks like.

This is the 2nd email I received from James, which I thought was kinda funny:

So I was supposed to meet Jim downstairs for dinner at 6:30. I went down there and waited for 5 minutes, then realized I was an hour early... Not that there's a CLOCK in my room or anything! There are weird buttons all over the walls and I can't control anything. I can't even figure out how to turn on the lights in my room... So basically the only light I have is the bathroom light and the computer... I've looked everywhere and can't figure it out. Aaaarg! At least I was able to get a 6:00 wake up call for tomorrow morning.
Norway 1
James 0